Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Frida y Diego Photos!



Here are a few photos from our art trip to Mexico City on Saturday. The first here is a man we saw in the Saturday Bazarre...not sure if he was a vendor or just hanging out, but he sure caught my attention, so I took a photo of him. He was quite the character!


The second is of me in front of a picture of Frida and Diego at their studios in San Miguel. I was so excited to finally be there! Luckily, they did allow photos at the studios, but none of them are so riveting that I would post any here.


Here are the famous words that are etched on the Casa Azul in Coyocotan, where Frida was born and also died. Diego also lived here with her for awhile, hence, the sign.


The next is the view that Frida had from her bedroom out into the gardens below. She also died in this same spot....but they would not allow photos of her bed. On it was a mold of her face that they imprinted after she died, and her bed was equipped with the mirror above it that allowed her to paint herself autobiographically.
Lastly, this is a photo of everyone who was living at our house last week. My family is in the back, including Hortencia, the mom, Javier, the dad, and Javier Jr. and Stephanie the son and daughter. The rest are all the students that are staying with them. The one on the far right is the one I think looks like Christopher...he is the husband of another Spanish teacher, Kelly, who is just here visiting.
Hopefully I will find more time to download more photos later! Things are great...I really dont have many plans from now until I come home on Saturday, just hanging out trying to enjoy the time here!















2 comments:

Kathy O'Halloran said...

Hey girl haven't checked your blog in a while. The place looks beautiful! I wish i could have gone to Mexico City with you!!! Glad you are having fun. I know what you mean about the 4th, but trust me it is always a little overrated. We can go to Navy Pier on a Wednesday and watch them - how does that sound? Call me when you get back. save travels! Love ya,
Kathy O

bobbin along said...

Hey Carolina,

Looks like you're having a blast! Enjoy the remaining days. Nothing really new here....just trying to enjoy every precious summer moment. Curriculum stuff is trickling in-doesn't that make ya want to come home....NOT!
Hasta....Peg