Sunday, July 6, 2008

Frida Kahlo y Diego Rivera

Hello!
Yesterday I finally went on the long awaited art trip to the southern part of Mexico City. We saw the Frida and Diego studios, as well as the famous Casa Azul that Frida was born and died in. It was different than I expected, but nonetheless I enjoyed every moment of it. It was so fascinating to see the bed where she laid when she was ill....it had the mirror attached to the top of it so she could paint herself, and the view from her death bed out onto the gardens of the property was incredible. They didnt allow photos inside the Casa Azul, but they did at the studios. I will have to post them later because I forgot the cable today. We also went to the Saturday Bazarre in D.F. which had some incredible handmade goods. Dont worry...I am bringing some back for show!!! Look for photos of this trip tomorrow or Tuesday (depending when I can get time on the computadora). Today its off to Taxco...the Silver City! Hasta!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Carollyn, you are doing a great job with your photos- I especially liked the one of the little girl. Enjoy the rest of your trip- Barbara Eberhard